I thought I’d throw a new post out here to add a few recipes from our 5th Roud of the Whole 30. This post will likely grow over the next week or two, so check back…
Whole 30 Taco Meat – So I don’t take credit for this Taco Seasoning other than I’ve made some change to it that I enjoy. The source is here. I use this on or off the Whole 30 and love this over buying store-bought options that have a lot of junk in them!
- 2 lbs. ground beef, preferably grass-fed or organic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices, keep this on the side. I also like to make a double batch and store one in the cabinet in a sealed container. Makes it so much easier next time you want tacos.
- Add the beef to a pan (original recipe called for a slow cooker) and brown on medium then drain off the excess juices and turn the heat down to low
- Add tomato paste (I use the whole small can not 3 tables spoons)
- Add spices to the pan, use a spoon to mix up the ingredients
- Add a 14.5oz can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes and roughly a cup of water or more until you get the consistency you like (not in the original recipe). I grab the tomatoes from Trader Joes.
- Serve in Taco Salad, Taco Lettuce boats or if you are not on Whole 30 in whatever vessel you choose!